Hello, fellow dairy enthusiasts! If you aren’t one, I’m trying to change that… XD Check out some of my Dairy Month posts for more dairy info and some tasty recipes.
So… any ideas as to what my favorite dairy product is?
Seriously. My grandmother was so grossed out by that… cottage cheese is not her thing. I’ve heard that it’s not a lot of people’s thing. That’s just sad, because it’s amazing!
First of all, it’s a super quick and healthy breakfast/lunch/snack/supper/etc. It’s a good source of protein (12 grams per each 1/2 cup serving), so it can easily be the base for your meal… or occasionally be your whole meal, if you’re not feeling very hungry.
Second of all… come on, guys. Must I state the obvious? It’s a dairy product!!! Enough said.
To be completely honest, I don’t often eat cottage cheese by itself. Too much plain cottage cheese gets to me. I like to dress it up with add-ins, or even use it as a dip of sorts. Here’s a list of some ways you can liven up your cottage cheese world:
– Make this delicious protein bowl. This is arguably my favorite way to eat cottage cheese… ’cause who doesn’t like chocolate, peanut butter, and strawberries?
– Dip apple slices in it.
– Top it with strawberries or sliced banana and add some chocolate sauce.
– Use it in this blueberry cheeseshake.
– Stir in some pizza sauce… I’m serious! Try it!
– Squirt in some lemon juice and stevia. Unique, yet delish!
– Blend it with frozen fruit and stevia.
What about you… do you love or loathe cottage cheese? Do you have any creative ways you like to eat it? What is your favorite dairy product? Let me know in the comments section!